COMMUNICATING WITH YOUR PARTNERJune 14, 2018
HELPFUL AND UNHELPFUL ANXIETYJune 23, 2018
Now that a new year is upon us, it is important to re-focus your energy on what is important in your life. It is essential for you to look after yourself so you can do the things you want to. These end of the year holidays may be a good time for some self-care and recharging yourself.
First thing you can try and do is switch from a busy doing mode, trying to get everything done before the end of the year and preparing for family celebrations, to a being mode. In the being mode you can focus on being present in the moment. Focusing on slowing down and enjoying life.
Here are some easy things you can try
- Focusing on sensory activities can help bring you into the here and now, like breathing in fresh air, enjoying how a shower feels when it is hitting your skin, walk in the grass and pay attention to what it feels like, laying down in the sun, or listening to some music that you love.
- Another way to take care of yourself is doing activities that give you pleasure or joy, like singing, gardening, watching movies, walking the dog, journaling and many more.
- Another way to take care of yourself and put yourself in a good space for 2018 is focusing on your spirituality. Remind yourself of your values to help you get in touch with what’s important. You may be able to do this by; going to church, meditating, spend time in nature, praying or making a list of what you are grateful for.
- Don’t forget your physical needs. This might involve going for a walk, taking up running again or just doing some gentle stretches.
- By making a commitment to at least one small change in your day you can allow yourself to live a more peaceful 2018.
Please feel free to contact us if you think therapy is a good way to get to know yourself or work through some issues in 2018.