Depression Counselling Mill Park
Depression is a very difficult experience for everyone. Depression takes different forms and there is no 'one size fits all' in terms of symptoms. Like all mental health issues depression can be viewed on a sliding scale from mild symptoms to extreme symptoms that stops a person from functioning at their best. There is a stereotyped 'depressed person' however anyone can have depression. Here are some symptoms that do occur:
• Depressed mood most of the day, nearly every day
• Loss of energy, feeling exhausted, lethargic, and fatigued
• Lack of mental concentration, and inability to remain focused
• No longer feeling pleasure or joy from activities that were previously enjoyed
• Significant weight loss or weight gain
• Sleeping too much or too little
• Restlessness and an inability to stay still
• Feelings of worthlessness and/or excessive or inappropriate guilt
• Recurrent thoughts of death
(Source: DSM V)
Our Depression Counselling Mill Park
professionals are here to support you with your depression. The first step is reaching out and working through your experience as your depression experience is unique to you. Our professional team are in your corner and willing to take the time to first hear your story and then put in place evidenced based strategies that really work. Yes, depression can be treated and you can have a life without having depression drag you down. This takes time and effort and our Mill Park Counsellors are here to support you.
This is what is different about us
Here are some points of difference about Safe Place Therapy:
• We are affordable and flexible
: our session costs are much more reasonable than others, and we offer low-cost options and Medicare rebated sessions to eligible clients
• We are human first and professionals second
: Our clients love that we don’t lecture them or preach as an expert. Our job is to be a human being and work with you.
• We offer support and understanding
: We want to understand your story and unpack your experience, working with you towards your goals.
• We are a safe place
: This is more than just a physical safety, it’s about providing unique and tailored therapy that is non-judgemental and appropriate for each individual.