Child & teenagers counselling
Children deal with a lot as they grow up and there is so much change going on around them. Sometimes it is hard to talk through these issues with your child especially if you are unsure on how to approach it or concerned of the impact.
Here are some of the issues we regularly come across
- Issues with socializing with other kids
- Bullying or isolation on the playground
- Concentration or focus stopping your child learning effectively
- Other learning difficulties
- Behaviours in the classroom that don’t happen at home.
- Study pressure and anxiety
- Withdrawing from the family
- Fights with siblings
- Fights and refusing to follow instructions from Mum/Dad/Others
- Relationship changes in the family (separation, new baby, other dynamic changes)
- Family violence, trauma
- Anxiety and/or depression
- Difficulty with concentration,insight, attention span
- Lack of motivation effecting ability to get out of bed
- Self esteem, confidence
- Physical illness or disability that effects functioning
- School refusal, skipping school
- Behaviours at school
- Cyber bullying, peer pressure
- Sexuality or gender questions
The above isn’t a complete list of issues that kids come across, but you can see how all these things can stack up overtime, especially if kids don’t feel that they can talk about them openly with anyone. Sometimes its hard to know what to say but it often makes it worse if we choose not to talk at all. Safe Place Therapy is here to help your child express their thoughts and feelings and cope better with the change or issues they are facing. We can also support you in how to set up conversations and talk through difficult topics.
Making your first booking is easy! Just select your preferred location:
Fees & Rebates
Appointments cost $130 per session. This is well below many other services who charge $160 or more. Safe Place Therapy does offer a lower cost rate for clients in need.
We also offer Medicare rebates.